Opening Prayer: Act of Contrition — O my God, my Redeemer, behold me here at Thy feet. From the bottom of my heart I am sorry for all my sins, because by them I have offended Thee, Who art infinitely good. I will die rather than offend thee again.
Before each meditation, recite the following: “I adore you, Lord Jesus, and I praise you. Because by your holy cross, you have redeemed the world.”
1. Jesus is condemned to death. Christ, help us to lead a better life and to seek your will.
2. Jesus bears His cross. Lord, we join you in your journey of suffering.
3. Jesus falls for the first time. Christ, help us who fall into sinful ways; teach us to rise with you.
4. Jesus meets His mother. Lord, we implore your mother to console us who mourn.
5. Jesus is helped by Simon. Christ, help us as we try to do your work in our world.
6. Veronica wipes His face. Lord, help us as we help others.
7. Jesus falls the second time. Christ, teach us the healing power of penance.
8. Jesus speaks to the women. Lord, help us to comfort those who have no one to help them.
9. Jesus falls a third time. Christ, teach us the joy of obedience.
10. Jesus is stripped of his garments. Lord, help us to model your life of holiness.
11. Jesus is nailed to the cross. Christ, draw us closer to you from this day forward.
12. Jesus dies on the Cross. Lord, we pray that you will be with us at our hour of death.
13. He is taken from the cross. Christ, open our hearts to the beauty of your love for us.
14. His is laid in the tomb. Lord, help us to walk in your ways all the days of our lives.